- Me: I tried, friend. He's not going to work out.
- Other Person: You're too critical. Give him a chance.
- Me: Bullshit. I looked past his age. That was a huge chance right there. Knowing damn well I shouldnta had anything to do w/ a 22 year old.
- OP: Age ain't nothin' but a number. Like I said, you're too picky.
- Me: Okay Aaliyah, but is it too much to ask for a man who's a) age appropriate & 2) well aware of the fact that to go from make to making one needs to drop the 'e'? If that's picky, well I'll be damned! You learn that shit in 1st grade.
- OP: wait...what?
- Me: yes he said something about is makeing a plan to get together. And said it more than once. Fuck am I supposed to say to that?!
- OP: *crickets*
- Me: EXACTLY!
Ain’t as sure as it was presented to me. Why am I not surprised? LAWD JESUS HOLD MAH MULE.
Let’s say you knew you were on the verge of being laid off, but then someone told you that there is a possibility that you could transition from your current position into a new one @ the same company thereby eliminating the imminent threat of unemployment, but the new position was one in which a) you’re not sure you’d excel and 2) you’re not sure it’s the direction in which you want to travel.
-take the job because A job is better than NO job?
-take the unemployment and look for work better suited to what you want to do?
-come on tumblr and pose a hypothetical, uber run-on, grammatically questionable sentence/question as if it isn’t what’s happening in your real life right now?
What say ye?
So I’m eavesdropping (but not really) on a conversation between three of my coworkers. One is talking about this grand scheme he has to try & get a raise. He says he’s gonna fabricate a job offer & see if they’ll match the alleged high salary. Apparently, this seems like a genius idea to him because right now our company is going through a lot of restructuring & he’s one of the integral players. *rolls eyes* NINJA PLEASE. Your ass is on the chopping block just like the rest of us, there’s nothing special about what you do. They’ve got someone in [company name redacted] South doing what you do & probably better. Fall back.
Hearing this conversation though reminds me of one of the groups of people on Earth that I loathe the most: self-important mofos. You all know at least one. They’re the ones who like to believe that they are the wind beneath everyone’s wings & that the world would stop spinning if they were not around.
Most times I try to ignore these asshats, but every once in a while I like to take them down a peg. I had to hit homie @ work w/ the “That’s the DUMBEST THING I’VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE” ala El Cos. The words came tumbling from my mouth before I could even stop them.
I wonder if I asked my boss to fire me if she’d go for it.